Five questions to Per-Olof Hygren:
Who are you?
– I’m 64 years old and I’ve done quite a few things in my life. Currently, I’m on the boards of several textile companies and I was the managing director of Fristads (today Kwintet) for almost two decades.
What was your reaction to being offered the position as chairman of the Smart Textiles Steering Group?
– I must say I was surprised! The work ahead promises to be very interesting and developing.
What do you think is the reason you were offered this position?
– It is most likely due to my extensive experience and long service in the business. And the fact that I’m from Borås: my contacts may prove very useful to Smart Textiles.
How will your knowledge and experience influence the position of Smart Textiles in the future?
– That’s not an entirely easy subject to speculate on. I would, however, like to focus on the commercial aspects of the projects and have them reach a wider audience.
Do you see any potential for development in Smart Textiles?
– I see great potential in the, for Scandinavia, unique and creative environment.
Text: Rebecca Lindholm